Auditions for admission in spring semester 2023
PRESENTIAL AUDITION: NOVEMBER 19TH 2022 AT 10 AM
For information regarding COVID measures and restrictions please consult the official website of the UDLAP: https://www.udlap.mx/covid19/
All those interested in the dance degree for spring 2023, will be able to conduct their audition online by providing the following required documents and videos:
To register your participation in one of our auditions, please complete the information requested in the QUESTIONNAIRE
As part of the registration process, links to applicant videos are required as described in the registration form. The video should include the following:
- Ballet exercises at the barre: pliés, tendus, rond de jambes, fondu, and developpé
- Ballet exercises in the center: adagio, pirouettes, jumps petite allegro simple and a grand allegro.
- Contemporary dance exercises: a floor exercise that demonstrates well how to do flexion and extension movements of the whole body, use of the spine and abdominal strength, rolling, how you enter and leave the floor, and your ability to perform movements with rhythmic clarity.
- A contemporary dance phrase with different level changes, torso and head dropping circles, a contraction, a reversal, direction changes, and jumps.
- A 2-minute improvisation, unedited, without music.
- A free-style solo (ballet, contemporary, hip-hop, jazz, folk, etc.) that is repeatable with a maximum duration of 2 minutes. It may be choreographed by the candidate or by another choreographer, and it may or may not have music.
Make sure all the videos are ready on YouTube or Vimeo (if the video is unlisted or password protected, you should include the link and / or its password in your application), since if the link does not work, we will not be able to consider your application.
Submit a recent headshot and full-length photograph (at a 45-degree angle to the camera lens) in .jpeg format. Please send photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
If necessary, some candidates may be asked to schedule an interview online.
There is no deadline this year. Yo can send your materials until before the beginning of the fall 2022 semester. You will be notified by email 5 days later if you have been accepted to continue the process of entering the Bachelor of Dance.
IMPORTANT: After filling out the application, please send an email confirming your delivery to Professor Ana Paulina Colmenares at email@example.com
- NOTE: There will be no general audition neither online nor in-person, this means that YOUR APPLICATION IS YOUR AUDITION. Make sure all of your materials are complete and are good quality, particularly the videos.
- Call back audition
- EXCLUSIVELY FOR CANDIDATES PRE-SELECTED FOR THE ARTISTIC SCHOLARSHIP.
- The audition will be in person at our campus
- TBA: Announcement of results approximately 5 days after the audition
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP AUDITIONS
IF YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR THE CONTEMPORARY DANCE ARTISTIC SCHOLARSHIP, YOUR SOLO MUST BE A CONTEMPORARY DANCE SOLO.
Artistic Scholarship contestants are selected in previous auditions and are called to a second audition to compete for any of the available Artistic Scholarships offered by UDLAP through the Cultural Diffusion office. For the guidelines of said scholarship it is necessary to be aware of the call which is published every year around the month of March and is subject to the offer of Scholarships for the current school year. The Artistic Scholarship audition has the same format as the other auditions with the difference that it has an extra component of critical analysis of an academic text related to Dance and the candidates must present a different one than the one they showed in their first audition to be able to evaluate the versatility of the interpreter.
Auditions for the scholarship, either in person or online, will include:
- ballet class
- modern/contemporary dance class
- presentation of new solo (must be different from the one sent in your application)
More information can be found here: Artistic Scholarship Guidelines and Requirements 2022
If you are considering enrolling in the Bachelor of Dance and are looking for support to carry out your studies, we recommend that you review the Institutional UDLAP scholarships (which have different requirements than artistic scholarships). To apply for a scholarship, you must submit your application and meet the requirements (minimum score on the entrance exam, check high school average, payment for socioeconomic study). For more information, see the following page:
About the auditions for the dance degree at the Universidad de las Américas Puebla
When considering enrolling in a Bachelor of Dance program, it is important to do a little research on it. Look around. Make questions. Every bachelor’s degree is different. Make sure you know the vision of each of them so that you can identify the program with the ability to effectively meet your needs. We, at the Universidad de las Américas Puebla, look for students with: a passion for learning and exploring, who have a sense of self-motivation and discipline, who love dance, who are creative, talented, and with a great willingness to commit to new ideas.
If you have any doubts, please send an email to Professor Ana Paulina Colmenares firstname.lastname@example.org and write «questions about the auditions» in the subject of the email. E-mails that are poorly written or do not contain a clear subject may not be answered. Please wait approximately 2 weeks for a response.